At Till, our mission is to be the best financial lifeline to good people with a short-term financial need. Therefore, your most important responsibility will be delivering personalized, friendly service while ensuring that our customers feel appreciated and valued. You will contribute in a positive manner to the work environment. It is important that you are punctual, professional and friendly.
Core Objective: The Collections Specialist is responsible for creating payment arrangements and recovering funds on delinquent accounts while operating in support of our Mission.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Optimize the collection operations of the company’s loan portfolio by tracking and interfacing with delinquent borrowers.
· Work toward solutions which are mutually beneficial to the company and the borrower.
· Interface with management to coordinate plan of action for communicating with delinquent borrowers.
· Manage and keep current the database of delinquent borrowers regarding amounts owed, employment status, contact information and other relevant data.
· Understand and comply with all federal and state laws regarding debt collection for a creditor.
· Proactively initiate communication with delinquent borrowers via personal and work phone, email, regular mail and other relevant channels at least twice daily.
· Locate delinquent borrowers using credit bureau information, background checks, loan documents, and other relevant paperwork or databases.
· Gain understanding of borrowers’ situations to help determine feasibility of collection.
· In instances where the borrower is unable or unwilling to work toward a mutually beneficial solution, the Resolution Specialist shall escalate the account to our Legal Administration Specialist.
· Assume Additional responsibilities as instructed by management.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Minimum of one-year customer service experience.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills (friendly, courteous, proactive and helpful).
· Excellent listening and communication skills; attentive listening, good grammar, voice and diction; ability to present information effectively.
· Basic math skills.
· Intermediate to advanced keyboarding skills; ability to learn proprietary software systems.
· Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with others.
· Ability to maintain a constructive and composed mindset in all business situations
· Ability to gather and analyze information and use it to develop solutions to problems.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person